John and Sally have a great life. They’re thinking about leaving their one-bedroom apartment and buying a home. Designing Spaces sends them to meet with Wells Fargo Mortgage Professional Joel Sarmiento to help them get on track to land a mortgage and buy their first house. Joel explains different types of mortgages, such as fixed rate and adjustable rate mortgages, what lenders are looking for in a buyer, and even touches on dealing with realtors.
He introduces John and Sally to a number of tools that could be very helpful to first time borrowers. The Wells Fargo PriorityBuyer® program helps you determine a price range before you go home shopping, and your real estate agent will know you are ready to buy. Wells Fargo’s My FirstHome learning experience walks you through all the steps of looking for a home, applying for a mortgage, and becoming a successful homeowner.
Simplifying the Loan Process
Are you thinking of buying a home?
Whether you are a first-time home buyer, a ready-again buyer or an experienced buyer the road to purchasing a home can be exciting as well as intimidating.
Where do you start? Even if you have been a homeowner before, the process may be quite different than the one you experienced if you purchased a home a few years ago.
Wells Fargo is here to help every step of the way, and is committed to providing personal guidance through the entire process of obtaining a home loan – from exploring the possibility of homeownership to closing the loan — as well as exemplary service to ALL homebuyers.
Here are some tips on how a buyer can prepare in advance:
- Utilize on-line resources such as online calculators to help determine rates and payments, downloadable guides and checklists.
- Interactive tutorials like Wells Fargo’s My FirstHome® Education help you formulate the questions you will need to have answered.
- Get preapproved for a loan so that real estate agents and sellers know you are serious about your home search with Wells Fargo’s PriorityBuyer® preapproval program.1
- Tools such as the Home Financing Process Checklist (that shows you what steps are next and helps you stay in lock-step throughout the entire process) makes the process less mysterious or scary.
- Utilize product guides and tools such as our online Product Comparison Tool (to compare loan options and help you make an informed loan choice)
Wells Fargo has a variety of mortgages you can choose from to meet your specific needs and products and programs that include low-and-no-down payment options. Customers can choose to work with their home mortgage consultant face-to-face, entirely by phone or digitally, and keep track of their mortgage status using eStatusDashboard. It’s that easy!
- A PriorityBuyer® preapproval is based on our preliminary review of credit information only and is not a commitment to lend. We will be able to offer a loan commitment upon verification of application information, satisfying all underwriting requirements and conditions, and providing an acceptable property, appraisal, and title report. Preapprovals are subject to change or cancellation if a requested loan no longer meets applicable regulatory requirements. Preapprovals are not available on all products. See a home mortgage consultant for details.
My FirstHome and PriorityBuyer are trademarks of Wells Fargo Home Mortgage. Wells Fargo Home Mortgage is a division of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. NMLSR ID 399801. Equal Housing Lender
© 2014 O2 Media, Inc. All rights reserved. O2 Media and the O2 Media logo are trademarks of O2 Media, Inc.
Designing Spaces and the Designing Spaces logo are trademarks of Designing Spaces, LLC
Lifetime and the Lifetime Logo are trademarks of Lifetime Entertainment Services, LLC